1. WHAT IS A MINI DENTAL IMPLANT ?
2. REMINDER OF PHYSIOLOGY AND OSSEOUS BIOMECHANICS
3. BIOMECHANICS AND MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS
4. MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS VS REGULAR IMPLANTS
5. INDICATIONS OF MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS
6. HANDS ON: MINI DENTAL IMPLANT PLACEMENT
7. QUESTION & ANSWER
Thanks to miniaturization and use of titanium alloys, the short diameter mini implants (from 2 to 3 mm) are suitable nearly to all the clinical situations, avoiding any bone graft or and complex surgical procedures.
The new atraumatic self tapping profile and a nanotextured surface with a deposition of calcium and phosphate atoms speed up osseo-integration and increase success rates of these mini implants even in compromised clinical situations.